Terms of Reference (ToR) for
Event, Outreach and Community Management Fellow
with The Menstrual Health Hub (MH Hub)
The Menstrual Health Hub (MH Hub) is a global organization that establishes strategic partnerships to fortify the menstrual health ecosystem and promote collaborative, systemic impact around female health around the world.
Our vision is a world that is committed to the collective and meaningful recognition that menstrual health is a priority in the progression towards gender equality.
We work to promote connection and collaboration across the female health space in order to strengthen collective impact around women and girls empowerment and development. As a social enterprise and not-for-profit, the MH Hub seeks to catalyze innovative approaches and build a vibrant ecosystem of investors, social enterprises, donors, NGOs, researchers and advocates invested in advancing female health. Working around 4 pillars of engagement (research, education, policy and innovation), the MH Hub works to broker relationships and foster new financial, social and political investments in menstrual health, and the femtech industry more broadly.
Our work is guided by six principles which encompass who we are, and the attitude we take: Centralization and Connection, Cross-sector Communication, Constructive Contribution, Curation, Credit, and Cooperation.
Event, Outreach and Community Management Fellow Responsibilities
In order to support the work of the MH Hub, we are currently recruiting a Partnerships and Community Management Fellow (EOCM Fellow) to assist in building and managing the MH Hub community. The PCM Fellow will work to improve our outreach specifically to organisations, start-ups and social enterprises working across the UK and EU around menstrual health and femtech.
This ToR outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Fellow and expected outcomes at the completion of the fellowship. The EOCM Fellow will assist in mapping actors, community outreach, and event management in the UK/EU.
Key responsibilities include:
- Primarily providing support to Deputy Director to map and increase outreach and partnerships building around the menstrual health and femtech actors in the UK
- Working with Executive Director to increase community engagement around the Global Menstrual Map through the Menstrual Health Registry across the world
- Using programs such as Google Docs and Excel to manually update the Registry
- Seeking new ways and/or partnerships to increase ease / automation / technical sophistication of the current system
- Identify and suggest key innovators and investors in UK/EU to develop new possible partnerships opportunities for the MH Hub
- Provide event management and administrative support for a November femtech event being held in London to gather entrepreneurs and investors across the space.
The EOCM Fellow will be given adequate and ongoing support order to complete the aforementioned tasks. Tasks can be revised by the line manager if their scope proves beyond the allocated fellowship period.
This position reports 70% to Ms. Milena Bacalja Perianes, Deputy Director, and 30% to Ms. Danielle Keiser, Executive Director of the MH Hub.
Time Commitment & Expectations
It is expected that the EOCM Fellow will be able to commit to 40 hours a month. Whilst a weekly commitment of 10 hours a week is preferred, this is negotiable based on the candidate’s needs (ie. If they require a full-time placement for university). Hours may increase in the week prior to the event. The EOCM Fellow will be required to check in once a week via Whatsapp, email or skype with the line manager to check on progress, provide feedback and support where necessary.
The fellowship will be for a period of three months, beginning ASAP. If the MH Hub or the Fellow wish to terminate, or amend the period in this agreement, written notification must be given by the party seeking to change the terms and condition
Expenses and Location
This is an unpaid, remote-based fellowship (though a co-working space might possibly be provided). This position requires the candidate to be based in the UK. All associated costs must be borne by the fellow unless provided for by a sponsoring institution, e.g. university, education programme, etc. Appropriate documentation can be provided to the Fellow for purposes of university recognition.
If the candidate requires or requests upskilling in a certain area the MH Hub will (where possible) support the PCM Fellow’s professional development through mentoring and coaching.
Upon the successful completion of the fellowship, and fulfillment of duties, the MH Hub will provide a written reference for the EOCM Fellow and be a referee where necessary.
- Demonstrable experience (voluntary or paid or studies) in partnerships development, community and/ or event management
- Experience or interest in menstrual, female health, sexual and reproductive health or femtech
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with confidence to a wide audience
- Previous experience in event management and administrative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability and experience to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail is a must
- Experience or knowledge of donors, investors, social enterprises or start-up world (desirable not mandatory)
At the MH Hub, we acknowledge that research shows that women are less likely to apply for jobs if they do not fulfil 100% of the criteria. We strongly encourage all applicants to think outside the box. If you do not meet the position criteria, feel free to convince us why you are suited to joining the team!
Please send in a CV and cover letter responding to the questions below:
- Why is menstrual health an important topic for action?
- Why are you interested in this position and passionate about menstrual/female health?
- What relevant skills and experience do you bring to this position (in reference to position requirements)?
Please submit your application by October 30th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include any administrative details that are relevant to your current situation i.e., studying, availabilities.
If you have any questions please address these to Milena Bacalja Perianes at email@example.com.